Sunday, December 6, 2009

Week 14 Picks

It is week 14 time for fantasy playoffs and for the NFL playoffs to take shape. Time for the pretenders and contenders to show their faces. Onto Thursday's game.



-Steelers at Browns

A battle of two teams that are not playing well. The Steelers are holding onto playoff hopes and the Browns are looking to ruin it. The Steelers defense has failed this team the last four weeks. The Browns are coming off a hard fought game against the Chiefs. With the short week I expect to see the better team win. The better team is the Steelers and I see them winning 21-10.



Saints at Falcons

Weeks ago people thought this maybe the Saints first loss. The Falcons are really banged up. Without knowing the status of Turner or Ryan I still think the Saints will win the game. The Saints will be happy to be back inside a dome with the faster surface. I see the fast scoring Saints winning 34-10.



Panthers at Patriots

The Patriots defense has been exposed the last few weeks. The offense is still great (though it was shut down the last two weeks) and Wes Welker has been even better. The Panthers should be much better and are just playing for pride. Luckily for the Patriots the Panthers don't really throw the ball. I see the Patriots getting back on track and winning 31-13.



Bills at Chiefs

This is a tough game to call. The Bills coming off a loss to the Jets and the Chiefs getting blown out by the Broncos. This will be a fun game to watch but I see the more consistent team winning here and that is the Bills. I see a 24-20 win.



Lions at Ravens

The Ravens are coming off the Monday night game and the Lions are coming off a loss to the Bengals. The Lions have been showing guts playing banged up and playing hard. The Ravens are battling for a playoff spot and have been playing well. I look for Ray Rice to have a big game and the Ravens winning 27-10.



Bengals at Vikings

This maybe the game of the week. Two division leaders playing good football. The Bengals are looking to win the AFC North and maybe a first round bye. The Vikings are looking for the NFC's number one seed. I see a close tough game but the Vikings and Favre pull it out 27-23.



Jets at Buccaneers

Freeman is coming off of five picks. Sanchez is coming from another knee injury this time to the right one. Both first round qbs have had their ups and downs this year. If Sanchez is healthy enough to play and with the way the Jets defense has played the last two weeks I see them winning a close game. If Sanchez does not play I still see the Jets winning but would not be surprised if the Bucs upset them. This is a big game for the Jets as they try to keep their slim playoffs hopes alive. I see a 20-10 Jet win.



Dolphins at Jaguars

Both of these teams come off huge wins to keep their playoff chances alive. I see a close hard fought game between these two playoff hungry teams. I see the Jags winning a real close one 23-20.



Packers at Bears

The Packers look to keep their playoff dreams alive. The Bears look to be spoiler. Since the return of Mark Tauscher the Packers offensive line and Aaron Rodgers have been playing much better. Jay Cutler has struggled this year and Lovie Smith is on the hot seat. I see a close battle between these bitter rivals but the Packers pulling off a 24-20 victory.



Broncos at Colts

The Broncos are fighting for a playoff spot as well as a division title. The Colts are looking to lock up home field advantage. Both teams played real well last week. I see the Colts being the better team and winning this one easily. The Colts 31-14.



Seahawks at Texans

Two teams that more was expected from. Two coaches maybe on the hot seat. The Seahawks have trouble on the road. I see the Texans holding out hope for a playoff spot and playing well. I see a Texans 27-20 victory.



Redskins at Raiders

Two teams that seem to play well but find ways to lose (though the Raiders did find a way to beat the Steelers). The Raiders are much better with Gradkowski. The Redskins seem to find ways to lose. I see a close game but the Raiders pull away at the end. A 27-17 Raiders win.



Rams at Titans

Though the Titans lost last week I see them still playing well and a team out to prove something. The Rams have trouble everywhere and are rebuilding. I see a lopsided Titans victory 38-10.



Chargers at Cowboys

The Chargers are playing great in all aspects and LT has played real well the last few weeks. The Cowboys lost a tough game to the Giants last week. Both teams hold a slight lead in their divsions. I see a close hard fought game but I give the Chargers a slight edge because they seem to win these important games in December. I see the Chargers winning 31-27.



Eagles at Giants

Two teams battling for their playoff lives. Two teams that seem to always find this late season game for a division title or playoff spot. Two teams that hate each other. I see a tough hard fought game with the Giants winning 23-17.



Cardinals at 49ers

The 9ers beat the Cards week 1 of the season and many thought this game would be for the division title. Well the 9ers have won only four other games and have disappointed. The Cards have played great on the road. I see a good game but the Cards more or less locking up the division title. I see a 27-20 Cards win.

No comments:

Post a Comment