Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Playoff Picks

This Saturday marks the Wildcard Weekend for football. With three rematches from Week 17 it should make for a wild and crazy weekend.

Jets at Bengals
In the first of the three rematches it pits the Wildcard Jets against the AFC North Champions Bengals. The Jets smoked the Bengals on Sunday night. The Bengals did sit their leading rusher as well as three defensive starters. All are expected to play Saturday. I expect a much tighter and closer game. The Bengals will be out for revenge. I expect this game to be close through the 4th quarter. I see the Jets with the same gameplan. Play defense and run run run. I see that formula working for them. I see the Jets winning 24-20.

Eagles at Cowboys
The Cowboys are playing great. The Eagles let a great opportunity slip by on Sunday. The home run hitting Eagles struck out. Tony Romo and the Cowboys d played nearly a perfect game. The Eagles barely blitzed Romo which was surprising because they blitz just about every play. I expect the Eagle to put more pressure on Romo this weekend and for a play or two to go there way. I see a close game with probably the last team with the ball to win (the Cowboys hope it does not come down to kicker Shaun Suisham). That being said I think the Eagles squeak this out 27-24.

Ravens at Patriots
This is the game that I want to see. A suspect Patriots defense against an explosive player in Ray Rice and a Ravens offense that is coming along. Then a good Patriots offense (Welker will be missed but Edelman will replace him nicely) against a weaker but still good Ravens defense. I think this will be the game of the week. I see a close game but the Patriots at home in the playoffs will not lose. Patriots 24-17.

Packers at Cardinals
The Cardinals have not been playing well and the Packers have. The Cards may lose Boldin for this game which will be a huge loss. If Boldin does not play I see the Packers winning this one going away. If he does it will be a little closer but I still see the Packers winning. Packers 31-20.

No comments:

Post a Comment